South Shore Community Action Council's Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Driver Training Program
After an extremely successful program launch in 2011, SSCAC's Commercial Drivers License Driver Training is back for 2012.
SSCAC offers the following free CDL Training Classes:
- 1 Week Permit Preparation
- 5 Week Class B CDL Licensure
- CDL Recertifications
- P, L and S Endorsements
Classes are offered to unemployed and under-employed South Shore area residents.
Free classes are available for MA residents at least 18 years of age who have been licensed drivers for at least two years and are unemployed or underemployed.
A CDL Fitness Determination physical and proof of MA residence, social security number and driving record will be necessary to acquire a CDL through the MA Registry of Motor Vehicles.
- 2 years Class D licensed driver with a clean driving record
- MA resident at least 18 years of age
- Unemployed or under-employed
- CDL Fitness Determination Physical
- Current Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI)