South Shore Community Action Council's Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Driver Training Program
According to statewide and national trends, the need for skilled truck and
bus drivers is expected to increase in a number of industries, including
passenger transportation, waste management, sightseeing transportation
and material moving.
SSCAC offers the following free CDL Training Classes:
- 1 Week Permit Preparation
- Class B CDL Licensure
- P, L and S Endorsements
Classes are offered to unemployed and under-employed South Shore area residents.
Free classes are available for MA residents at least 18 years of age who have been licensed drivers for at least two years and are unemployed or underemployed.
A CDL Fitness Determination physical and proof of MA residence, social security number and driving record will be necessary to acquire a CDL through the MA Registry of Motor Vehicles.
- 2 years Class D licensed driver with a clean driving record
- MA resident at least 18 years of age
- Unemployed or under-employed
- CDL Fitness Determination Physical
- Current Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI)