Coordinated Family & Community Engagement (CFCE)
The Coordinated Family and Community Engagement Program, otherwise known as Family Activities & Education, hosts a wide range of local workshops for parents, childhood fairs, toddler playgroups, and events in the towns of: Carver, Cohasset, Duxbury, Halifax, Hanover, Hingham, Kingston, Norwell, Pembroke, Plympton and Scituate.
The Coordinated Family and Community Engagement (CFCE) Program is supported by a grant from the Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care. There are five main goals of the CFCE Program:
- Increase knowledge of and access to high-quality early education and care programs and services for families with children age 0 - 8.
- Promote parent education, family engagement and early literacy.
- Facilitate collaboration and community planning among parents, local early education and care providers, public/private schools, and other community members.
- Provide support and information to families with children transitioning from home to school, within the preschool environment, and from preschool to Kindergarten.
- Support early education and care programs across the public and private sectors in delivering high-quality services.
Supporting Family & Community
The CFCE grant supports family and community efforts to promote early literacy, access to quality childcare and community resources for the family through:
- Information about Childcare & Childcare Subsidies
- Childhood Literacy Fairs
- Parent Education Workshops
- Playgroups Supporting Parent-Child Interactions
- Newborn Home VisitingLibrary Story and Craft Times
- Coordinated Family & Community Engagement Council Meetings
- Community Resources
- Transitioning to Kindergarten