Our Next Community Food Drive is scheduled
for March 16, 2013
Join the Greater Plymouth Food Warehouse in our fight against hunger
on March 16th from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM. Greater Plymouth Food Warehouse volunteers will be located at the following partner locations:
- Stop & Shop - Kingston
- Stop & Shop - Plymouth
- Hannaford - Kingston
- Stop & Shop - Manomet
The following non-perishables are needed:
Canned Fruits - Canned Vegetables - Peanut Butter & Jelly
Spaghetti & Sauce - Diapers - Coffee & Tea - Cereal - Breakfast Foods
Canned Tuna Fish - Canned Ham - Canned Chicken - Baby Wipes
Drop off donations directly at the Greater Plymouth Food Warehouse in the Plymouth Industrial Park from 9:30 AM - 2:30 PM. The Warehouse services 31 Food Assistance Programs located in 16 Towns. Your donation is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Team Up Against Hunger
While donations are accepted each Monday from 9am to 11am and Wednesday from 9am to noon, the Greater Plymouth Food Warehouse also holds four major, multiple town collection days each year, like the one highlighted above, on Saturdays in March, June, September and November/December.
The Greater Plymouth Food Warehouse relies heavily on volunteers willing to hold food drives to keep our shelves stocked. You can hold a food drive in your business or neighborhood, or, perhaps when celebrating a birthday or other occasion. We will provide you with all the materials you will need and some simple suggestions to help make your drive a success.
We have the following equipment and pre-printed items available:
- Large Plastic Bins
- Laminated Signs
- Monetary donations containers
- Pre-printed grocery bags itemizing needed foods
- Thank you cards to give to donors
SOME TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL DRIVE
- Identify a person to serve as the drive Coordinator
- Contact us at 508-830-0208 so we can coordinate logistics with you, including a plan to get you the materials
- Announce the date(s) and time(s) of your drive. Please note: food drives can last a day, a week, a month or longer!
- Determine where donations should be dropped off.
- Have the pre-printed bags and other materials available to hand out.
When your drive is over you may deliver the food to the Food Warehouse or call us at
508-830-0208 to make arrangements to have the food picked up. The Food Warehouse is open Mondays from 9am – 11am and Wednesdays from 9am - noon.