AMPS Program

How do I apply?

South Shore Community Action Council
71 Obery Street
Plymouth MA 02360

To apply you will need the following:

Proof of income

Last 4 weeks gross income for everyone in the household 18 years and older. All income must be documented such as Child Support, Odd Jobs, Veterans, Pension, AFDC, Social Security, ect.

  • Any adult receiving income for a minor must have proof of that income.
  • For the Self Employed, a copy of 2019 Federal Tax Return with pages and schedules.
  • Full Time Students need documentation from the school or college.

You will also need

  • Complete Electric Bill
    Heating Bill
    Mortgage, Homeowners Insurance, Real Estate Tax or lease.
    Photo ID
    Social Security Cards and Birth Dates for all in household

Where do I apply?

SSCAC, Inc. provides fuel assistance to residents of 39 South Shore and Cape and Islands towns listed below:

Aquinnah; Barnstable; Bourne; Brewster; Carver; Chatham; Chilmark; Cohasset; Dennis; Duxbury; Eastham; Edgartown; Falmouth; Gosnold; Halifax; Hanover; Harwich; Hingham; Hull; Kingston; Mashpee; Marshfield; Middleboro; Nantucket; Norwell; Oak Bluffs; Orleans; Pembroke; Plymouth; Plympton; Provincetown; Sandwich; Scituate; Wellfleet; Yarmouth; Tisbury; West Tisbury; Truro; Wareham

If you have never applied for Fuel Assistance through South Shore Community Action Council, Inc., or one of our many outreach sites, you must apply in person.