South Shore Community Action Council provides Transportation Services for eligible residents to:
- Adult Day Health Programs
- Doctor and Dental Visits
- Non-Emergency Hospital Visits
- Shopping Trips
- Social/Recreational Events
- Employment/Welfare to Work Programs
- Educational Facilities
- Metro Boston Hospitals and Other Medical Facilities
Am I eligible for transportation assistance?
The program is open to the following area residents:
- Low Income
- Participants in other SSCAC, Inc. programs
- Other people who have no other mode of transportation
How does it work?
Transportation is available by appointment only:
Monday-Friday – 6:00am-6:00pm
Saturday – 6:00am-6:00pm
Saturdays are reserved for medical necessity only!
SSCAC’s Transportation Vans complete approximately 65,000 trips and travel roughly 700,000 miles each year.
SSCAC contracts with area Adult Day Health Programs, GATRA, MART, South Shore Elder Services, Old Colony Elderly Service as well as several towns throughout our service area. We are also an authorized vendor of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Division of Medical Assistance (DMA). Transportation services are provided for a small fee. Eligible trips may be billed to one of the agencies mentioned above, or privately to the client.