AMPS program

How do I apply for Weatherization?

Bring the following 3 types of information to a staffed SSCAC Intake Site :

Proof of income for the most recent 30 days for all household members 18 years of age and older.


  • Wages - provide 4 consecutive paystubs for the most recent 30 days
  • Fixed Income - copy of most recent check or printout from the source
  • Child support - copies of canceled checks or court order, or stubs from the Department of Revenue
  • Unemployment - two recent consecutive stubs showing 4 weeks of income
  • Self employed - copy of prior year's entire tax package including all schedules

Proof of identity - one of the following documents:

  • Driver's license
  • Social Security card
  • Paystub with Social Security Number
  • State I.D. card

Proof of street address - one of the following documents:

  • Driver's license - if it matches the address on the application
  • Current bill - gas, telephone, electric or cable bill as long as it shows your street address (not post office box)
  • Current lease

Where do I apply?

SSCAC, Inc. provides fuel assistance to residents of 39 South Shore and Cape and Islands towns listed below:

Aquinnah; Barnstable; Bourne; Brewster; Carver; Chatham; Chilmark; Cohasset; Dennis; Duxbury; Eastham; Edgartown; Falmouth; Gosnold; Halifax; Hanover; Harwich; Hingham; Hull; Kingston; MAshpee; MArshfield; Middleboro; Nantucket; Norwell; Oak Bluffs; Orleans; Pembroke; Plymouth; Plympton; Provincetown; Sandwich; Scituate; Wellfleet; Yarmouth; Tisbury; West Tisbury; Truro; Wareham

If you have never applied for Fuel Assistance through South Shore Community Action Council, Inc., or one of our many outreach sites, you must apply in person.

Find an outreach location to file your application